The Chicago Public Schools' ParentConnection is a unique web-based tool that allows you to securely view your child's grades and attendance online. The portal offers a way for you to:
- Receive e-mail or text notifications when your child is absent.
- Receive e-mail or text notifications when your child grades drop below a point you identify.
- Manage your contact information to ensure that CPS has the correct email and phone numbers for you on file.
- Send a note to your child's teacher.
- Valid login ID and password (See Creating a ParentConnection Account below)
- Internet connection
- Web browser
Creating a ParentConnection Account
1. Prior to creating a ParentConnection account, you will need:
a. Your child's CPS ID number
b. A school-issued personal identification number (PIN)
Contact Mr. Butler to obtain your child's CPS ID number or PIN.
Note: To ensure the security of your child's records, PINs will not be issued over the phone under any circumstance.
2. When you have the ID number and PIN, sign up for a ParentConnection account.